Monday 23 December 2013

Cherry Christmas Cookies

I have started blogging quite casually during January 2013. At that time, I really didnot have a vision or target as such, it was just a kind of noting down something which I love to do most. But, at the back of my mind I set a target and it was like, let me see whether I can cook and post at least 100 recipes by the end of this year. Today, when we are waiting for the Christmas, I proudly announce that, so far, I have posted more than 150 recipes in my blog. I also have got love and encouragement from more than 1000 facebook fans, who liked my post, sent me valuable advice, suggestions, asked for recipes and all these encouraged me to try out new cooking avenues  like baking etc. For me, baking was something, which I was not at all comfortable with, but the scenario has changed quite a positive way, so much so, that I dared to try this Cherry Christmas Cookies. This cookies are for all my friends, who showered me with love. A big thank you to all of you.. I am really blessed to have all of you as my friends.




Ingredients


  • Butter - 1 Cup
  • Powdered sugar - 1 cup 
  • Egg - 1 
  • Vanilla -1 tsp
  • Flour - 2 1/4 cup 
  • Chopped walnuts - 1 cup
  • Cherries - 1 Cup




Cream butter and powdered sugar together.



Add egg and vanilla  and mix well.



Slowly incorporate flour to mixture and fold nicely. Chop the cherries and walnuts roughly.



Fold the cherries and walnuts into the dough. Continue folding the cherries in the dough so that the cherries are distributed evenly throughout.



 Using your hands roll the dough into a log shape. Once you have your shape, then roll the log nicely and place in the refrigerator. Continue 2 more times until all of the dough has been rolled and placed in the refrigerator. Allow the dough to stay in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat your oven to 180 degree C.
Cut the dough with a knife into 1/4 inch slices and place on a cookie sheet.



Cut the cookies the way you like it. I didnot like it bigger. Your cookie sheet is now read to shove into the pre-heated oven.



Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cookie is light golden in color.


Repeat the process till all the cookies are baked. Store in a air tight container.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...