Tuesday 10 November 2015

Mutton with Tomato

One of my mutton recipe which I have cooked without marination. Since childhood I have seen my mom marinating the mutton with spices and I have this feeling that the longer the marination the better taste of the mutton dish. 
However, there was a sudden guest last week end and Hubby brought mutton for a quick lunch. Now I was in a kind of trauma, I have no time for marination, how will I cook. Then I calmed myself and cooked it in a completely different way with lots of tomatoes and a new dish is born.





Ingredients

  • Mutton - 1 kg
  • Potatoes - 3-4, halved
  • Onion - 5, chopped
  • Ginger Garlic Paste - 3 tbsp
  • Green chilli, chopped - as per taste
  • Tomato - 4-5, chopped
  • Salt, Turmeric
  • Bayleaf, whole garam masala


Smear some salt and turmeric to the mutton, then pressure cook for 5-6 whistles with a spoonful of ginger garlic paste. Keep aside. Don't through away the water.


In a pan, heat mustard oil, then add byleaf and whole garam masala. I have added a pinch of cumin seeds too.

In a separate pan, fry the potatoes with salt and turmeric till golden brown. Keep aside.



Add onions and fry well.



When onions turn brown, add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilli and fry well.



Next goes the tomatoes. Fry well till the mixture is mushy.



Add salt, turmeric and kashmiri chilli powder and incorporate well.



Now add the boiled mutton and mix well till the mutton pieces are coated with masalas. Continue frying with the sprinkle of mutton stock. Add the potatoes too. When all the stocks are incorporated, add 1-2 cups of hot water and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.



When oils are coming out of the surfaces, the dish is ready. Adjust the seasoning.



Serve hot with plain rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...