Friday 18 October 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffin

Starting this week, this is the turn of Archita Chanda Roy from Kolkata Food Bloggers. As you already know, we are celebrating 'Know your Kolkata Food Blogger's event' where every week one of the blogger will be featured and we have to recreate one of her recipe and post the same in our blog. I really don't know Archita personally, and for that matter any of my Kolkata Food Blogger's friend, but while communicating through, I get so enriched with their experience that I thank my luck to get me introduced to this group.

Archita blogs from My Food My Life. Please do visit her blog and you will be fascinated to see a collection of doable as well as creative recipes.

I have recreated her Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe with some minor modification. Let me confess, I am not good at baking cakes and all. Naturally, whenever my Son asks for baking some sweet goodies, I try to avoid and convince him to do something else. This time, however I decided to give it a try and follow Archita's recipe to the 'T' and wow... it is so delicious. But I am not happy with the looks, seems like I need to practice it a number of times to get that perfect tempting look. Let me share the recipe with you people, please try and let me know how it is.

You may get the original recipe here.


Ingredients:

  • Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - 1/2 cup
  • Baking Powder - 2 tsp
  • Milk - 1 cup, Room Temp
  • Butter - 1/2 cup, melted
  • Egg - 1
  • Dark Chocolate Chip - 1 cup
  • Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
  • Cashew nut - for garnishing



In a bowl combine the flour ,sugar ,baking powder and the chocolate chips. Mix well.


In another bowl , combine the milk ,melted butter, vanilla essence and the egg. Blend well into a smooth mixture.


Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.


Grease a muffin /cupcake tin. I have used square-shaped silicon mould. Fill the batter 3/4 th into each cup. Place a cashew at the centre of each square.


Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 mins or till a fork comes out clean.



Needless to say, my son loves it too much. He specially liked the molten chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...