Tuesday 23 December 2014

Profiteroles

Saw the image of this yummy profiteroles in one of the site and immediately decided to try my hands onto it. Yes, Yes, I know, I am a horrible baker, I have never tasted a profiterole in real life and not sure about how it should taste and blah blah blah,, still I was so much love with the photograph that I was dying to try them in my kitchen. So here they are, these tiny little goodies filled with whipped cream and a dash of chocolate sauce on top, yes, I was on the top of the world!! I need to work on the look a bit, and I think use of  unsalted butter along with a pinch of salt would have yielded an improved taste, but nevertheless, I am very happy with the outcome, I must say!!


Ingredients


  • Refined flour - 1 cup
  • Eggs - 4
  • Powdered sugar - as required
  • Fresh cream - a cup
  • Chocolate Sauce - as required
  • Butter - 100 gm






For the Choux pastry:
Take 1 cup of water in a pan, add butter to it and bring it to boil. 



It should be an emulsion form. then add flour to it, remove the pan from heat and stir continuously to form a dough. Allow it to cool.


Whip the eggs in a bowl. Add one egg at a time and mix well to form a smooth batter (I have used 3 and 1/2 eggs to get the right consistency). The consistency of batter should be a just dropping one not either runny or thick.


Take a baking tray and spread a parchment paper and grease it. 
Now take an icecream scoop and a spoon. Take half scoop of batter and with the help of the spoon shape it a little and drop on the greased parchment.


Give it a egg wash and shape it a little round. Remaining 1/2 egg is used for this purpose.
Preheat the oven at 200 degree C. Bake your pastry for 15minutes. You can see it risen quickly and looking like normal buns. Then reduce the temperature to 180C and bake it until golden brown.


Take out the baking tray from oven and make a small hole with back of a spoon to allow the hot air out. Now keep back the tray inside the oven and allow it to come to room temperature. Make sure that your oven is in switched off mode.


Whip a cup of cream till it forms soft peak. I have added a spoonful of sugar too. 


Take the whipped cream in a piping bag and fill the choux pastry through the hole made. Put the pastry in a paper cup, squeeze some chocolate sauce and enjoy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...