Sunday 15 January 2017

Orange Cherry Cake

This orange cherry cake is delicious to the core, with its super citrus-y flavor. I love to bake with fruits ( and nuts !!) and you may get a complete list from here. During winter whenever I see juicy oranges in my fruit bucket, I start imagining all sorts of cakes that is possible with this. One of my popular cake is this 'Orange Apricot Cake' , which my family always relish. I am sure, this cherry version will also be liked by all. We really enjoy a slice with our morning cuppa.




Ingredients


  • Eggs - 4
  • Flour - 2.5 Cups
  • sugar - 2 Cups
  • Butter - 200 gms
  • Orange - 3, zest and juice
  • Vanilla Essence - 3 tsp
  • Baking Powder - 3 tsp
  • Milk - 3-4 tbsp
  • Dry cherry - 100 gms

One of the important aspect of baking is everything should be at room temperature. I keep all my ingredients specially the eggs and butter out of fridge atleast 4 hours before I start the preparation.
Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree C. 
Cream the butter and sugar ( I grind the sugar after measuring) using a hand mixer till fluffy. Then start adding the eggs one after another and beat well.



Add the orange juice and vanilla essence and mix well.



Sieve the flour and baking powder together, then start mixing them to the egg butter mixture gradually. Ensure that there is no lump. You may need to add some milk to get the right consistency.
Soak the cherry in water for 30 minutes, strain the water and sprinkle some flour onto it.



Mix the cherry and orange zest into the cake batter and fold it lightly.



Butter two cake loaf pan and line it with parchment paper if necessary. Pour the batter in both the pans till half filled. Put the pans in the pre-heated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a fork comes out clean.



Enjoy the treat !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...