Tuesday 29 April 2014

Sandwich Bread

This is my first ever try to make a simple bread , but I was quite afraid of it till today morning. Somehow I had this feeling that baking is not my cup of tea. Even if I try hard, I will surely goof-up. Then I came across my friend Rakhee's blog, where she has explained the step by step bread making process, and I have instantly decided to give it a try. The end result was fabulous, though I am not fully satisfied with the outer crust, which I think should have been a bit softer, but at least for a 1st time baker, this can be ignored. I will surely try other varieties she has put in in her blog later. 


Ingredients


  • All purpose flour / Maida - 3 cups
  • Dry Active Yeast - 1 heaped tsp
  • Sugar - 1 heaped tbsp
  • Olive Oil - 1 tbsp + extra for greasing
  • Salt - a fat pinch
  • Warm water - as required





Dissolve the sugar in half cup of lukewarm water. Then add the dry yeast to it and keep in a warm place. I have kept it in the microwave. It will become frothy in 15-20 minutes.


Mix the salt in the flour. Add the dissolved yeast with water to the flour gradually to form a soft dough. You may need to add some more warm water.


Keep the dough loosely covered in a warm place for 30-35 minutes. It will become almost double in size.


Knead the dough for 5 - 7 minutes till it springs back when you are pressing it down. Add the olive oil to the dough too. Now make a log shape of the smooth dough and place it inside a greased loaf tin.


Keep it in the warm dry place to rise again. It will almost touch the rim of the tin.


Preheat the oven to 200 degree C for 10 minutes. Make multiple slashes onto the surface of the dough using a knife.


Bake the dough for 30-35 minutes. Remove carefully from the tin. It should be evenly brown at the bottom and make a hollow sound when tapped. If not, then bake it for 10 more minutes. Mine was perfect by 35 minutes of baking.


 Brush with butter/milk. Cool to room temperature. Slice and enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...