Wednesday 1 January 2014

Rich Chocolate Cake

Hello and Happy New Year 2014. It is new year and it is resolution time friends !! Last year, during this time I have started my blog with a target of posting atleast 100 recipes. I have ended the year with more than 150 recipes, and over 1030 facebook followers, who constantly encourages me to try new avenues in cooking arena... not bad,, Eh !!! 
For the year 2014, my resolution is to improve my baking skills, both sweet and savoury front. Till date, I am quite comfortable with Indian cooking specializing on Bengali cuisine, but this year I will be more into continental and baking goods. So to start with, I made this rich Chocolate Cake on New Year ,, which is so tasty and visually appealing that I thought I should share it with you all. Let me know how it is. 


Ingredients:


  • Butter - 85 gms + extra for greasing
  • Brown Sugar - 85 gms
  • Eggs - 2
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
  • Dark Chocolate - 100 gms, melted
  • Cocoa Powder - 25 gms
  • Plain Flour - 1 cup
  • Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  • Almond - 100 gms, broken
  • Milk - 1/3 Cup
  • Chocolate Chip - 1/3 cup
  • Chocolate Syrup - for drizzling
  • Cherry to Garnish

Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Slowly add the eggs, mixing well between each addition. 



Sieve the cocoa, flour and baking powder and add it to the egg mixture. Add the melted chocolate ( melt in microwave oven or on a double boiler ) and mix well.



 Fold in the milk, choco chip and broken almond.



Butter a baking pan and line with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven at 160 degree C. Pour the mixture into the pan. 



Cover the pan with a greaseproof paper and a foil and secure with a thread. Take a flat bowl and pour boiling water. Carefully place the pan onto the bowl so  that water is halfway up. Bake at 160 degree C for 30 minutes.



Remove the cover and bake at 180 degree C for 20 more minutes or a knife inserted at the centre comes out clean.

Garnish with cherries, and chocolate syrup and serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...