Sunday 5 January 2014

Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings

One of my office colleague was asking me to post some chotpota snacks recipe, and that time I have realised that I really have very less entry in the snacks section of my blog despite the fact that there are more than 160 recipes posted so far. Incidentally, when I was buying chicken today, I saw there are plenty of chicken wings in that shop. So I bought some, came home, marinate them with different types of sauce for 4-5 hours, and then pop them in the pre-heated oven for some 30 minutes. Finished it in stove top with a quick saute and a delicious dish is ready. Another good thing is, it is virtually a no-oil recipe, I have just greased the baking pan with one teaspoon of olive oil and thats it. 



Ingredients:


  • Chicken Wings - 500 gms
  • Tomato Ketchup - 2 tbsp
  • Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
  • Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
  • Sweet Chilli Sauce - 1 tbsp
  • Dark Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
  • Olive oil - 1 tsp





In a large bowl, mix the ketchup, garlic, sugar, sweet chilli sauce and the soy sauce with some seasoning, (if needed, mine was just perfect, I didnot add any extra salt even) . 


Tip in the wings and toss to combine so that they are all coated. Keep covered for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.


Heat oven to 200 degree C.  Grease a baking tray with the olive oil. Transfer the marinated wings in a single layer. Roast for 35-40 mins until cooked through and golden. Flip in between once or twice.


When done, pour the entire thing in a pan and quickly stir for a minute or so. Mix 1 tsp of corn flour in 2 tbsp of water and add it to the chicken wings. Heat it through till the water evaporates and the corn flour leaves a nice glaze on the wings. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Let everyone dig in and help themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...