Saturday 8 February 2014

Pull Apart Choco Roll

I have never ever bake a bread till date, for that matter never used yeast for cooking. And I heard about erratic behaviour of this Yeast Monster in so many other forums that I predecided myself that it is not my cup of tea. So when I get the notification from  'Kolkata Food Blogger' regarding this week's theme, 'Yeasty Feasty', my initial reaction was Oh My God !!!  But the moment I raised my concern, advice and tips started pouring in, thanks to all my friends from Kolkata Food Blogger, for almost a week I gathered information and tips on bread making, gone through their experiences, hits and misses and finally able to make these delicious rolls myself for the first time. Since this is my first try and I was not sure about the outcome, I made only 9 - 10 rolls and it disappeared the moment I bring it out of oven and cooled it a bit. :-)  I was not too happy with the photograph too, nevertheless, will have to make a fresh batch of one or two tomorrow again. Oh,, yes,, I am proudly submitting this to the ongoing 'Yeasty Feasty' event of Kolkata Food Blogger group. A Big thank you to KFB to motivate me to come out of my comfort zone and venture into a completely new area.


Ingredients


  • Active Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
  • Sugar - 1 tbsp
  • Lukewarm Milk - 1/2 cup
  • All-Purpose Flour - 200 gms
  • Butter - 2 tsp + extra for brushing
  • Chocolate Hazelnut spread / Nutella - 2 tbsp




Place the yeast and sugar in a cup and pour lukewarm milk into it. Keep it in a microwave oven with the light of the oven on. You may keep it in any warm place. Let it froth for 10 minutes.



Make a soft dough using this frothed yeast and the flour. adding more milk, if necessary. Knead it well for 5 minutes. Then add melted butter and knead again.


Rest the dough covered for 45 minutes until double in size. I again kept it inside microwave oven with the light on.


Punch the dough and knead again. Roll out onto a floured surface until about 1/4th inch thick. Spread the choco hazelnut spread.


 Roll the dough into a spiral log and cut into pieces. Place cut side up in a round baking pan with some space in between for the rolls to rise. Leave to double in size again for about 40 more minutes.


Preheat your oven at 200 degree C for 5 minutes. Now bake for about 15 minutes at 200 degree C till the tops are light golden. Remove and brush with melted butter when hot. 


Let it cool before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...